Skip to main content

Indigo Lounge is Bringing the Heat on July 26th!

The Emily Cohn Jazz Quartet other wise known as EmCo is comprised of current Cal State Northridge Music Majors as well as recent CSUN graduates. Alex Smith, the drummer is a busy LA musician playing rock, church, jazz, classical, musicals, world and more. Shawn Williams, trumpet is a recent graduate of CSUN, this will be his last show with us because next month he is leaving California to attend graduate school at the prestigous Eastman School of music in Rochester New York. Shawn's influences include Freddie Hubbard, Clifford Borwn, Blue Mitchell, Miles Davis, Lee Morgan, Chet Baker and more. Emily Cohn is a senior at CSUN where she has spent her first two years studying jazz piano with Matt Harris and currently studying privatley with the amazing LA piano player/composer/band leader/ co founder of the LA Jazz Collective Gary Fukushima. Emily is largely influenced by the music of Charles Mingus and Thelonious Monk and is in love with the playing of Keith Jarrett, Oscar Petterson, just to name some as well as current players such as Otmaro Ruiz, Michel Camillo, and Oscar Hernandez. Dylan Durbrow is a junior at CSUN where he plays upright and electric bass and studies with the estemed co head of the jazz department Gary Pratt. Dylan plays a mean electric bass in rock bands as well as being an excellent upright player. Emily is very blessed to have such great friends who happen to be musicians to play with. On Sunday July 26th at the Indigo Lounge EmCo will be playing some Michael Jackson tunes,and some Emily Cohn originals as well as arrangements of some of our loved standards... or not so standards. EmCo will also be improvising behind the poets. The vibe of the whole thing is guaranteed to make you feel some warm tingles, so come out stay a while, hear EmCo, cheer for the poets, and enjoy your self.






The writer and performer London Bridgez pushes the expectations of spoken word.  "London" is her name. "Bridgez" represents what she does. She builds creative bridges between spoken word and music.  Her stage performance creates a new wave of entertainment that can be expressed in multiple formats,  she crosses over into many genres and can be appreciated  in a variety  of venue occasions.

She has been on the radio airwaves in Boston,New Hampshire, Chicago,  Nashville & Canada. She performed on CCTV in Cambridge MA commemorating World Aids Day 2008.  She continues to grace the stages of concerts, music festivals, open mics,clubs, theaters,  industry showcases, colleges & universities and themed events in Boston, New York, Chicago and hopes to expand her sound  in the US and around the world  to other venues that are supportive of her experimental sound.

Black & Tan is a multi-cultural reading series, and their mission is to give life to the many ethnic voices of Los Angeles through promotion of the artists’ work and their words via internet, radio, video, book stores, coffe shops art galleries, performance galleries, jazz houses, word of mouth, education, the human spirit, and grandmas back porch.

I am always striving to bring the best musicians, poets and activists to the for ground. July 26th we are uniting the Eastcoast and the Westcoast with one spectacular show! Tune into The Corner Poetry Hour on blog talk radio Monday, July 20th @ 7p.  as Soulaquarian and I talk about the inspiration that lies behind our mission as the creators of Indigo Lounge. There will be surprise guests! I'll also be reciting my first piece which is a song featured on my CD "Abstract By Nature."  I hope to see you there! 

For more info on these artists:

http://londonbridgez.weebly.com/

http://www.myspace.com/blacktan09

http://www.myspace.com/indigoloungela

Sunday, July 26th@9p

Indigo Lounge

2nd. St. Jazz

366 E. 2nd St.

L.A., CA 90012




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Up For Your Real Life

Greetings Loved Ones!!  The year is almost coming to a close. It's been a year of self reflection and a test of true sacrifice. When we leave ourselves open to possibilities there is no telling what will meet us half way. Energy will shift and new creation is born. I have always surrounded myself with humble and gracious individuals that give me the motivation to reach further. However, It felt amazing to unplug from the big city and tune into self in a small country setting. We can not be our best if we do not "check in" with ourselves from time to time.  I enjoy performing, producing and guest speaking but this year I declined all invitations so that I could dedicate my time to self development.    Without calculation, I took the time to pamper myself through gardening, writing, meditation, and self love. The true test and personal journey was using my inner guide to keep me grounded, aware and secure about my choices and who I have become.  I have come to the co

Dancing in the rain...

The Dalai Lama tells us to stop expecting life to be easy. Life is full of suffering and is ultimately unsatisfying; The only way to be happy is to train your mind to want less and to train your mind to penetrate the ultimate reality. I am rolling into the year with new hope and ideas. I have been invited to be one of the inspirational speakers at the L.A. Union Workers, "Womens Month Program." I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to be part of a great cause. My dreams have been vivid and seem to be telling me stories of my past. I've been writing like maddd. I feel the birth of a new poem! I've also been invited on a poetry performance tour at the end of the year. I'll have to string you along before I tell you my biggest project of the year. So stay connected. Indubitably, Indigo Lounge is going to be delightful on February 7th. The line up is SSicK! Join us for love and Black History Month. Get in contact with me if you would like to perform. We do th

Nudity, Empowerment and Simplicity

This is an awesome picture from a Los Angeles event called "Naked Desert." It is an invite only- annual event for photographers and nude models in the middle of the desert. The theme is, Celebrating the Diversity of the Human Body. I was honored to be the first person (ever) to film this event, as it all magically unfolds. I made a documentary about this unbelievable experience. I am in post production. I would love to screen it soon. Please feel free to donate to Piddle Productions [there is a link to the right] so that I can continue to give you cutting edge entertainment for the soul, open mind and free spirited. Due to popular demand the play WOMBAN is coming back to a theatre near you in Los Angeles! As you all know Womban did its first run in June. As the Stage Manager it was hard work, but with everyones commitment and dedication it became such an uplifting and humbling experience for everyone involved. If you did not get a chance to see it please come out this t