Skip to main content

After, Over, Under Thoughts

Indigo Lounge was last Sunday. I must say it's a different experience each time. The night started off slow with all sorts of technical difficulties. Once the show started I was ready for anything. I was actually the first person to perform. It felt good but I was nervous as all hell. After all I have not been on stage in a million years-so it felt. My 3 minute performance gave me just enough strength to do it again. And I will do it again.  I am learning to trust myself. Every time those words fall from my mouth I grow stronger from my own will. the night ended just right and all that mattered was that I was surrounded by my good friends and extended family. Indigo Lounge will always be the artist movement; a group of eccentric artists that keep it soul funk poetry. See you there October 18th!

On another note-
My wonderful grandmother gave me a hand written autobiography of her life. I cherish this gift of 120 pages of personal history through her eyes. I've read it over and over again, learning something new about my  family each time I turn a page. She writes beautifully and now I know why I am a writer. I am just like my grandmother and my mother. I cried and laughed through her pain and happiness as I continued to read, because unlike the characters in some random book, I know these characters. I've been transcribing her words and sooner than later will publish this story. It's critical for the survival of my families history. I am so honored my grandmother shared her story with me.  I so love that woman for who she was and who she continues to be. Life is powerful in good and bad times. Don't ever under--estimate your story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nudity, Empowerment and Simplicity

This is an awesome picture from a Los Angeles event called "Naked Desert." It is an invite only- annual event for photographers and nude models in the middle of the desert. The theme is, Celebrating the Diversity of the Human Body. I was honored to be the first person (ever) to film this event, as it all magically unfolds. I made a documentary about this unbelievable experience. I am in post production. I would love to screen it soon. Please feel free to donate to Piddle Productions [there is a link to the right] so that I can continue to give you cutting edge entertainment for the soul, open mind and free spirited. Due to popular demand the play WOMBAN is coming back to a theatre near you in Los Angeles! As you all know Womban did its first run in June. As the Stage Manager it was hard work, but with everyones commitment and dedication it became such an uplifting and humbling experience for everyone involved. If you did not get a chance to see it please come out this t

Dancing in the rain...

The Dalai Lama tells us to stop expecting life to be easy. Life is full of suffering and is ultimately unsatisfying; The only way to be happy is to train your mind to want less and to train your mind to penetrate the ultimate reality. I am rolling into the year with new hope and ideas. I have been invited to be one of the inspirational speakers at the L.A. Union Workers, "Womens Month Program." I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to be part of a great cause. My dreams have been vivid and seem to be telling me stories of my past. I've been writing like maddd. I feel the birth of a new poem! I've also been invited on a poetry performance tour at the end of the year. I'll have to string you along before I tell you my biggest project of the year. So stay connected. Indubitably, Indigo Lounge is going to be delightful on February 7th. The line up is SSicK! Join us for love and Black History Month. Get in contact with me if you would like to perform. We do th