Skip to main content

Look Who's coming to Indigo Lounge!




October 18th is going to be a fabulous evening of live jazz and performance at Indigo Lounge. I thank all of you who connected with me and rsvp'd to perform at the open mic jam session. I can't wait for you to bless the stage! Here is just a sneak peek at some of our guests who rsvp'd...

Angela White is a multi-talented, multi-faceted poet. She sings, has arranged music, directed choral groups and is spiritually and socially motivating. The short list does not include her passion for photography, her willingness to assist and volunteer to benefit others, and her love for family. Angela's first book of poetry, Inspired & Wired, a mature composition of poetry and life contemplations, is proof that the intertwining of confidence and faith produces explosive, irrefutable results. The passion she displays for her work is contagious. Angela is currently working on her second book, Passionate Inspirations, from the heart of a poet, and continues to speak, sing, write, motivate and love. For more information, access www.extraawire.com

 

wiredworks@live.com 

www.extraawire.com

www.myspace.com/extraawired

 

 Known to her fans simply as Jacnique (pronounced Zsa’nique), this San Francisco songstress embodies all the qualities of a natural superstar. She is an avid songwriter, pristine vocalist, and a runway renaissance woman. Her sultry soul music represents a harmonic groove in a world full of ambient noise and sound.  Before she knew it, she began making quite a name for herself on the Bay Area club scene performing alongside well know jazz guitarist, Tony DeWayne. Soon after, she was gracing stages and receiving critical acclaim from Hollywood, CA to Las Vegas, NV and in her home town of San Francisco, CA. In 2006 Jacnique started her own independent record label and publishing company, SirenFire Music Works and SirenFire Music Publishing. The dynamic diva has recently put the finishing touches on her debut CD entitled, “Trial By Fire." This CD is an eclectic blend of Sultry Soul, Smooth Jazz and Love Songs.  


Qizhong was the resident bassist of the NUS Jazz Band for several years, under the guidance of band leaders Rick Smith, Christy Smith, and Tan Chin Boo. He set up local jazz/funk band ‘The Lounge Lizards’ and have been actively gigging for the past few years, playing at venues such as the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre, the Esplanade Concourse, the Arts House, the Swiss Club, Singapore Expo, and the Asian Civilizations Museum. He is at home with various genres, including funk, jazz, fusion, blues and bossa. Qizhong is also classically trained in the piano and music theory, and plays the double bass with the NUS Wind Symphony. Q is also a student at USC where he is getting his PHD in Linguistics. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the rain...

The Dalai Lama tells us to stop expecting life to be easy. Life is full of suffering and is ultimately unsatisfying; The only way to be happy is to train your mind to want less and to train your mind to penetrate the ultimate reality. I am rolling into the year with new hope and ideas. I have been invited to be one of the inspirational speakers at the L.A. Union Workers, "Womens Month Program." I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to be part of a great cause. My dreams have been vivid and seem to be telling me stories of my past. I've been writing like maddd. I feel the birth of a new poem! I've also been invited on a poetry performance tour at the end of the year. I'll have to string you along before I tell you my biggest project of the year. So stay connected. Indubitably, Indigo Lounge is going to be delightful on February 7th. The line up is SSicK! Join us for love and Black History Month. Get in contact with me if you would like to perform. We do th

Show Up For Your Real Life

Greetings Loved Ones!!  The year is almost coming to a close. It's been a year of self reflection and a test of true sacrifice. When we leave ourselves open to possibilities there is no telling what will meet us half way. Energy will shift and new creation is born. I have always surrounded myself with humble and gracious individuals that give me the motivation to reach further. However, It felt amazing to unplug from the big city and tune into self in a small country setting. We can not be our best if we do not "check in" with ourselves from time to time.  I enjoy performing, producing and guest speaking but this year I declined all invitations so that I could dedicate my time to self development.    Without calculation, I took the time to pamper myself through gardening, writing, meditation, and self love. The true test and personal journey was using my inner guide to keep me grounded, aware and secure about my choices and who I have become.  I have come to the co

Nudity, Empowerment and Simplicity

This is an awesome picture from a Los Angeles event called "Naked Desert." It is an invite only- annual event for photographers and nude models in the middle of the desert. The theme is, Celebrating the Diversity of the Human Body. I was honored to be the first person (ever) to film this event, as it all magically unfolds. I made a documentary about this unbelievable experience. I am in post production. I would love to screen it soon. Please feel free to donate to Piddle Productions [there is a link to the right] so that I can continue to give you cutting edge entertainment for the soul, open mind and free spirited. Due to popular demand the play WOMBAN is coming back to a theatre near you in Los Angeles! As you all know Womban did its first run in June. As the Stage Manager it was hard work, but with everyones commitment and dedication it became such an uplifting and humbling experience for everyone involved. If you did not get a chance to see it please come out this t