Skip to main content

How To Be Content

The term spiritual or religious is subjective and objective based on your upbringing. We can never assume or judge people on how much they know or don't know. Peace is the freedom to let others experience their own reality. The illusion that we have internalized is separation, judgement, fear, competition and hierarchy.We have to stop clinging to false identity and belief systems. On my journey I have realized one of the most profound things we can do for another human being is give eye contact and a smile. A human connection is what will make a difference through longevity.

Life is a constant balancing act and it is important that we embrace the darkest corners of our mind. This is where survival, awareness and alertness meet us. We must be accountable of how we live our lives. Do you ever get sad because you constantly have this unsettling, discontent feeling? It reminds me of that commercial with the childrens control group.. "We want more, we want more!" I wonder if I am the only person who feels there is something wrong with me because I am constantly striving to challenge myself to the next level.

What I have learned is that yearning is our natural creativity. Exploration is infinite. Growth is limitless. It's our universal "Christ" nature. We have everything we need within ourselves and somehow our human consciousness has forgotten. Being fulfilled is a memory that has been engraved into our psyche because we have experienced it already. It may be fragmented but it was always there. It is a feeling that we have already experienced. You can't crave something you never had.

The confusion is our human consciousness playing tricks on us, telling us what we are searching for is outside of ourselves. We live in a world of consumption. We are brainwashed to think worldly expectations is what dictates how "good enough" we really are. We then begin to validate ourselves with temporary ego driven band aids. Be aware of what you are striving for in life.

When we pray to change someone or something we are taking away from someones freedom of choice. Prayer should never be used to tell God what to do. God or the universe (whatever you want to call it) already knows what is happening. Pray for God to do his will. Be thankful and grateful for being alive. Pray for the strength to continuously forgive yourself and others for not being perfect. We can not pray to change someone or something because there is a plan for everyone and we can't get in the way of what God is trying to do. God will do his will anyway.

Thanks for reading!
Zoe Blaq



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the rain...

The Dalai Lama tells us to stop expecting life to be easy. Life is full of suffering and is ultimately unsatisfying; The only way to be happy is to train your mind to want less and to train your mind to penetrate the ultimate reality. I am rolling into the year with new hope and ideas. I have been invited to be one of the inspirational speakers at the L.A. Union Workers, "Womens Month Program." I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to be part of a great cause. My dreams have been vivid and seem to be telling me stories of my past. I've been writing like maddd. I feel the birth of a new poem! I've also been invited on a poetry performance tour at the end of the year. I'll have to string you along before I tell you my biggest project of the year. So stay connected. Indubitably, Indigo Lounge is going to be delightful on February 7th. The line up is SSicK! Join us for love and Black History Month. Get in contact with me if you would like to perform. We do th

Show Up For Your Real Life

Greetings Loved Ones!!  The year is almost coming to a close. It's been a year of self reflection and a test of true sacrifice. When we leave ourselves open to possibilities there is no telling what will meet us half way. Energy will shift and new creation is born. I have always surrounded myself with humble and gracious individuals that give me the motivation to reach further. However, It felt amazing to unplug from the big city and tune into self in a small country setting. We can not be our best if we do not "check in" with ourselves from time to time.  I enjoy performing, producing and guest speaking but this year I declined all invitations so that I could dedicate my time to self development.    Without calculation, I took the time to pamper myself through gardening, writing, meditation, and self love. The true test and personal journey was using my inner guide to keep me grounded, aware and secure about my choices and who I have become.  I have come to the co

Nudity, Empowerment and Simplicity

This is an awesome picture from a Los Angeles event called "Naked Desert." It is an invite only- annual event for photographers and nude models in the middle of the desert. The theme is, Celebrating the Diversity of the Human Body. I was honored to be the first person (ever) to film this event, as it all magically unfolds. I made a documentary about this unbelievable experience. I am in post production. I would love to screen it soon. Please feel free to donate to Piddle Productions [there is a link to the right] so that I can continue to give you cutting edge entertainment for the soul, open mind and free spirited. Due to popular demand the play WOMBAN is coming back to a theatre near you in Los Angeles! As you all know Womban did its first run in June. As the Stage Manager it was hard work, but with everyones commitment and dedication it became such an uplifting and humbling experience for everyone involved. If you did not get a chance to see it please come out this t