Skip to main content

How to Live With Purpose

With moving to a small city,  I have come to realize how dangerous it can be if we don't extend our boundaries of knowledge and education. With a limited perception of the world we only hurt ourselves and others. Now is the time to start thinking of unity on a more global scale. However, we can not push forward if we have pockets of communities subconsciously handcuffed to a box that is very much outdated and unjust. Hiding behind comfort zones and taboo topics is a sign of the past. A lot of times we think we have it all figured out with an expensive degree or within the confines of religion alone. We are slaves to an economic crisis and we don't even know it. People are being easily led based on their own perception of reality. And everyone has a different perception of reality based on our backgrounds. Our commonality must come from tolerance, empathy and compassion.  I have concluded that people often use these three words in the form of manipulation to justify their own selfish agendas. Not all intentions are good intentions. Our thoughts have been hijacked by popular demand. We have forgotten how to think for ourselves in order to better the whole. Society has become so superficial that our minds are afraid of rejection and scared of change. Some of our elders have digressed into junior high kids who parade around in ridiculous clothes and follow the cool crowd just to get a date.
We can not continue to hold on to old ideas.  Question what democracy is supposed to look like in the 21st century, no matter who is behind it. Black universities in 2012 are denying students admittance simply because of wearing their natural hair. Our younger generation must step up and realize this cookie cutter mold of internalized self hate is unacceptable.  I will always stand in the echoes of my ancestors who had body modifications, piercings, tattoos and wore natural hairstyles. On the other hand, we have never stopped being slaves to the system so it serves those right who can't break out of the cookie cutter ideas of what success looks like.  Wake up. Focus on being independent, free from depending on chasing a hand out and a job that can crumble at any given moment.  The shift is more spiritual than political.  Pray, travel, and document your life while being an advocate for peace and love. Live simple and take care of your health. If you are more in love with the idea of what money can do for you in this day and age, you are hiding behind your ego. Know thyself. I will always believe that the true historians and peace-keepers of the world are artists and radicals who get to the root of the issue with creativity and wisdom. There is a lot that can be established if we learn to live in this world of a higher frequency. You owe it to yourself and the universe to live a purpose filled life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing in the rain...

The Dalai Lama tells us to stop expecting life to be easy. Life is full of suffering and is ultimately unsatisfying; The only way to be happy is to train your mind to want less and to train your mind to penetrate the ultimate reality. I am rolling into the year with new hope and ideas. I have been invited to be one of the inspirational speakers at the L.A. Union Workers, "Womens Month Program." I am excited and nervous, but it feels good to be part of a great cause. My dreams have been vivid and seem to be telling me stories of my past. I've been writing like maddd. I feel the birth of a new poem! I've also been invited on a poetry performance tour at the end of the year. I'll have to string you along before I tell you my biggest project of the year. So stay connected. Indubitably, Indigo Lounge is going to be delightful on February 7th. The line up is SSicK! Join us for love and Black History Month. Get in contact with me if you would like to perform. We do th

Nudity, Empowerment and Simplicity

This is an awesome picture from a Los Angeles event called "Naked Desert." It is an invite only- annual event for photographers and nude models in the middle of the desert. The theme is, Celebrating the Diversity of the Human Body. I was honored to be the first person (ever) to film this event, as it all magically unfolds. I made a documentary about this unbelievable experience. I am in post production. I would love to screen it soon. Please feel free to donate to Piddle Productions [there is a link to the right] so that I can continue to give you cutting edge entertainment for the soul, open mind and free spirited. Due to popular demand the play WOMBAN is coming back to a theatre near you in Los Angeles! As you all know Womban did its first run in June. As the Stage Manager it was hard work, but with everyones commitment and dedication it became such an uplifting and humbling experience for everyone involved. If you did not get a chance to see it please come out this t

Show Up For Your Real Life

Greetings Loved Ones!!  The year is almost coming to a close. It's been a year of self reflection and a test of true sacrifice. When we leave ourselves open to possibilities there is no telling what will meet us half way. Energy will shift and new creation is born. I have always surrounded myself with humble and gracious individuals that give me the motivation to reach further. However, It felt amazing to unplug from the big city and tune into self in a small country setting. We can not be our best if we do not "check in" with ourselves from time to time.  I enjoy performing, producing and guest speaking but this year I declined all invitations so that I could dedicate my time to self development.    Without calculation, I took the time to pamper myself through gardening, writing, meditation, and self love. The true test and personal journey was using my inner guide to keep me grounded, aware and secure about my choices and who I have become.  I have come to the co